I have no idea why, but I can't get off Facebook. I am seriously irritated with it and each time I put my phone down, I tell myself , "well, that was time you can't get back" ....so WHY do I pick up my phone to look?? Where do I start with leaving it alone?
It is full of whiney posts, horrible political "news", terrible gossipy "news" about people I care nothing about...aaaaaand it is full of my friend's pictures and fun days!! I enjoy that part! Yes, some "friends" are whiney and I can hide them. However - the negatives and the unbearable "news" is what makes me dislike my loss of time. Along with the fact that I know I am missing something good with my face buried in my phone...I want to stop! Ohhh and then there are the "Tasty" page videos of fun little foods to make with your kids! Uggghhh!!! Anywho...I have to face this addiction to stop it and move away!
I am giving myself the next 30 minutes to look thru my friends - um, 587 of them....I don't have that many friends, really....Facebook says I do, but no...I don't. I might have that many acquaintances. Here goes...time to dwindle what I see...be back in a bit!!
Well damn. There were a lot of people I see on there that I would like to hear from or have the opportunity to contact, whether they post much or not. I did unfollow some people, that helped some. That wasn't as "cleansing" as I thought it would be! More encouragement to stop Facebooking is how I will take that lack of cleansing! I've got this! I deactivated my account a couple of years ago and got the messages, "why did you unfriend me? I can't find you!" It was good to be missed, but I wasn't missing Facebook. It lasted for about three months and it was great, because I needed to focus on my family at that time. I still focus on them, and we are all in a better place now...I simply just want to be done with Facebook - again!
I took the FB app off my phone about six months ago...that only helped for about two weeks. At that point, I just logged on via the internet on my phone. I am so weak!! haha!!!
I won't deactivate my account or delete it either - I have a gajillion pictures on there and don't want to lose them. I just need to develop the self control to not sign on and not look.
I will make it public here...my first step will be to put my phone in the glove box while I am in my car. I am guilty of looking at the darn thing at almost every red light. I really don't think it helps that I get a different string of things to see on each "refresh"! So there...step one is put it in the glove box. Bluetooth allows me to answer the phone anyway and I don't text when I drive.
Step two: plug my phone in when I get home and leave it alone. I have busy evenings with the kids every week and want to stress less....so less time on my phone to get things done without any FB drama or distractions! More time for enjoying my wine!! Yay! I can see this working!! I do, I do, I do!!
haha...like that thumbs-up?? :-)
I won't make any declarations on Facebook, such as "no more Facebook for me". I don't want to set myself up for failure. I just changed my cover photo today to a beautiful sunset and wrote on Sunday about how amazingly lazy I was (what a great day that was!), so I can be comfortable and very pleased "going out" with that much on my page. :-)
Yep - I am going to give myself the time I am so worth and put down my phone. I'll report back in a week!!
-sc

No comments:
Post a Comment