So it's been two weeks since I said I would do my best to take a break from Facebook. For the most part, I think I did okay! I went the first weekend without it at all, because I signed out and couldn't remember my password to get back in...haha...it worked! While I could have changed my password right then to get back in, I didn't. I successfully went from Friday to Monday with no Facebook. It was great!!!
Monday, I got back to work and could only access FB on my work computer, which I don't generally care to do, so for the week, that was it...maybe once when I got to work and then before I left, I would check my page...I wasn't missing notifications or any major happenings or invitations.
The week after that wasn't as sparingly and I ended up changing my password to get it via my phone again. It's frustrating to face the addiction. It varies, really, between feeling like I am on it sooo much, to not being sure where my phone is in the house.
So, with that, like anything in my life - I will simply go day by day in the Facebook world and look at it or not. When I get frustrated with the wasted time, I'll stop. When I feel like I want log on and something makes me smile or I find a new recipe to try - then I'll smile and move on...it's all good.
No self shaming...just doing my best :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment